This ONLINE event, organised by the University of Burgos, will be the setting for the following activities:
– Presentation on the digital ecosystem, the addiction itself not only to devices but also to Apps, the reconceptualisation of digital well-being and social spaces in adolescence (sociability and digital social interaction) by Kepa Paul Larrañaga, Researcher at the Complutense University of Madrid for the Safer Internet Centre – Spain (SIC-Spain).
– Presentation of the results and achievements of the YOUNGMOB project.
– Presentation and demonstration of the innovative mobile application designed to allow parents and teachers to identify the level of addiction of young people to smartphones and which has a virtual tutor who accompanies young people in the process of learning how to use smartphones correctly.
– Presentation of Toolkit with recommendations for families and teachers.
– Discussion forum with the participation of policy makers on the design of recommendations and practical materials for families and educators.
– In addition, associations and addiction specialists will share their views on the application of these technological tools in the monitoring of adolescents with mobile phone addiction.
– Identifying new issues and future directions in the detection of mobile addiction in adolescents
This event is aimed at, in order to make the results of the project known to as many people as possible:
– Professionals and research staff in the field of mobile addiction in adolescents.
– Educators interested in finding solutions to prevent addictive behaviour.
– Policy makers and representatives of associations interested in promoting the correct use of mobile phones.
– Families who want to learn about strategies to promote the correct use of smartphones in young people and prevent mobile phone addiction.
– Adolescents and young people who want to learn how to use mobile phones correctly and to be aware of the risks of addiction.
The YOUNGMOB project “Facing youngsters’ mobile addiction through an innovative technological app” is a project funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
The project consortium consists of organisations from different European countries (Italy, Slovenia, Portugal and Spain).The main objective of the project is to promote the correct use of mobile phones and to prevent or reduce addictive behaviours in young people through the development of an innovative and practical tool for parents, teachers and, of course, young people.
In the framework of the YOUNGMOB project, a mobile application has been created with a tailor-made toolkit for each young person through the detection of their consumption profile and then through the guidance of a virtual tutor to guide them in its best use. The project has also developed a White Paper with recommendations to prevent mobile addiction aimed at parents, school teachers and policy makers.
Below are the different websites and social networks of the project where you can find out more information about YOUNGMOB:
– Project website: https://youngmob.eu/
– Twitter page: @youngMOB_EU
– Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVUH-mqt8sYGXXsLeWuoQ5g